Friday, September 14, 2012

LIFE AT ITS BEST. <3

This blog is about love and loving...and its NOT mine. Yes,I have a guest blogger! :) My sister, Catherine, wrote this very honest, very raw Facebook note and I thought its too good (and too real) not to be shared.

So here goes .....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to think that I can still do it -- wait patiently. During the tough-and-almost-wanted-to-give-up times, I kept on reminding my self, "You can do it. You've made it for so many years, why give up now?" I've held on to that thought for so long, and yes, for so long means for SEVEN long years. Almost all of my friends, the ones closest to me, my sisters, and every person who knows about our story, gave me the same piece of advice -- MOVE ON.

It has been a roller coaster ride for me. And yes, I survived every loop, all the ups and downs, the twists and turns, everything. I made it because of a single thing. HOPE.

Everytime I remember all the things I did, the ones I gave up, the unending support I've shown him, the encouraging words I've told him, the good night, good morning, hello, hi and you can do it texts I've sent him, the way my family had treated and welcomed him, the time my friends had spent just to be close to him, and each and every memory I've had with him...I feel thousands of emotions.

It took me seven years to realize that the "hope" I had in me, was, oh I mean, has always been a FALSE one. FALSE HOPE. FALSE HOPE. FALSE HOPE.

Actually, you can blame me. But not totally. Everything was my choice. I chose to be someone -- fool and crazy, just for a guy who might have or might not have even appreciated me. I made myself believe that the feeling is mutual. And I know that I was wrong, very wrong.

I thought that love can endure everything, that I can take all the pain, that I can accept everything even if it kills me slowly inside. Then something happened, I don't know why and how, but it just happened.

I met someone accidentally during our company outing. I really had no idea then that this guy would change my world. I will never forget the first few words I've told him. "20 ka palang talaga? Bakit mukha kang 24?" and the other one, "Di ka talaga lumalabas ng bahay? Bakit mukha kang basagulero?" Each time I reminisce, a huge smile follows.

I don't know but something inside of me was so eager to know more about him. He asked for my number and saved the name KAT. I told him it is CATH but he insisted.

The next day, upon reaching the shore where the cars are parked, we were so thirsty that I volunteered myself to buy drinks. After I collected the money, I saw him and it's as if he's going to buy some drinks too so I shouted his name and asked, "bibili ka ba? Teka, hintayin moko." Little did I know that it's a wish granted for him. Based on his story, he then said to himself, "chance ko na to." And that was it. Our very first date. Yes, he called that a DATE.

I felt like I was a teenager again. Getting "kilig" and all especially when he confessed that he likes me. I had no intention of entertaining anyone because until then, I kept on reminding my self, "konting tiis nalang, magboboard exam na siya sa September. What's 4 months compared to 7 years, right?" For the very first time, the trick didn't work. I don't know what exactly happened because something in me felt that this time I got it right.

Days had passed and I got to know him better. Most of his stories are unbelievable but they were all true. I met a bad-boy-turned-good-boy who captured not just my interest but also my heart. Right then I realized, he is the exact opposite of the person I've waited for all of my life.

Last May 29, he asked me if I can be his girlfriend. I told him no, not yet. I even told him to wait until December 9 since 9 was my favorite number. Hahaha. He then said, "bakit mo pa patatagalin kung dun rin naman ang punta nun. Anong MU MU, di na tayo high school no." And of course, without thinking twice, oh I mean without even thinking (haha), I aswered YES.

I thought that something will change since we're not in the courting stage anymore and I was partly wrong and partly right. Partly wrong because the way he treated me since day 1 is still the same until now. Partly right because every passing day becomes a challenge for us. Each day is a getting-to-know-more-of-each-other day. We discovered each other's good side and the bad as well. We fight over the smallest and nonsense things. But we had this one rule that makes everything fall into place again. We never let the day end without reconciling. We have to settle everything first before we part ways. And the good news is, it is still working until now.

They were right when they told me, "wala sa tagal ng pagkakakilala yan. Yung iba nga, 13 years magjow tapos naghiwalay din." And in my case, I agree. One of the sayings that I will never ever forget is, "the higher the risk, the higher the return." I grabbed the chance and took the risk. And what do I have now? SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME UNCONDITIONALLY.

I'm just so happy that everything is perfectly fine. I know that this will be a roller coster ride too. It will have its own ups and downs, twists and turns, numerous loops. But there lies one difference which will make this ride fun and worthwhile. I'll be riding with someone I love the most and who loves me more than anything else in the world. We're in this together, forever.

And by the way, here's a list of some of his sweetest words.
-Alam mo, kung yung dati e di ka binigyan ng halaga, para sa akin, ikaw lang ang pinakamahalaga.
-Di ko alam, pero totoo, mamatay man ako, di ko alam bakit gandang ganda ako sayo. (HAHAHA! Walang kokontra!)
-Susuko ako? Ano ka, sinuswerte? Daig ko pa ang tumama sa lotto no! Asa ka, di na kita pakakawalan pa no!
-Basta swerte ko kasi nasayo na lahat, maganda, mabait, matalino, sexy, ano pang hahanapin ko? (Wag kokontra sabi eh. Hahaha.)

Now, tell me, how can I ask for more? :)

Thank you for your super long patience and UNDERstanding, MAHAL. And just in case I haven't told you yet, YOU'RE THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

I love you since day 1 and all I wanna do is GROW OLD WITH YOU. 

******* 
Awww, what do you actually say to that...so to my little sis and her 'mahal', take care of each other...keep the love and the loving alive!!!