Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12-12-12: A very special post....

....our wedding was 14 years ago but the celebration continues to this day.

I am writing this en route to Nha Trang City.  12 December 1998, exactly 14 years ago, we took the plunge, so to speak.  And what a plunge it has been since!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:00 am, 12 December 2012:  

Happy anniversary, loves! Thank you for 14 years!

For us, it was never a roller-coaster ride....it was more of a leisurely drive! Sure, there are the occasional bumps in the road but our marriage is more of a comfortable cruise along a newly-paved road. Thank you for this!


Thank you for loving me despite my imperfections! Thank you for saying that I am still the sexiest for you! Thank you for bearing with my nightly snores! Thank you for cleaning up my mess! Thank you for the everyday patience! Thank you for just listening to me when I rant! Thank you for giving me foot massages even if your hand hurts, thank you for the lovely flowers...

More than these, thank you for understanding - for saying that I am not less of a woman just because I did not bear us a child, for loving me in my weakest moment, for celebrating with me all my achievements, for holding my hand when I was sick and frail, for crying with me when I felt sad, thank you for being faithful and kind....



Thanking the Lord for another good year...

 12-12-12: the 12th day of the 12thmonth of the 12th year -  the last time, at least for another century, that the elements of the date are identical....for the Mayans, the end of times as we know it...

12-12-12: the 2nd cycle of our seven-year itch, our 14th wedding anniversary, the start of yet another blissful year...

Although, we won't be together (again!) on this day, I look forward to celebrating it "properly"  when I come home... :)

I love you! <3

 ********

And the passing years will show
that you will always grow ever more beautiful....
in my eyes....