Saturday, February 4, 2012

Date night: Ebi

The hubby and I just love Japanese food!  Even when we were just dating, our gastonomic choice on date nights would most likely be Japanese. We progressed from Tokyo Tokyo (fast food) to Saisaki (buffet style) then even tried a  Japanese fine dining experience in a 5 star hotel which we vow not to repeat after seeing the bill. :)

Anyways, he loves sashimi (yap, those thin slices of raw fish) and I can definitely eat just  sushi(s) forever!!  Tried these at the Ebi Restaurant here in Vienna…Itadakimasu!
Sushi and sashimi feast at the Ebi resto in Wien...
Then again, who would not love Japanese food?! It’s the presentation, man! Even a bento which you can buy on the streets and at any 7-11 store in Tokyo is visually enticing as well as a delight to the palate.
Typical Japanese food set - had this in Nikko, Japan
 
I had the opportunity to live in Japan sometime ago and I can absolutely claim that I had many of the best moments of my life there!! The culture, the food, the people and places – all definitely worth their own blogs!!

In my next life, if GOD wills it, I’d probably want to be a Japanese….hmmmm,  being Thai comes very, very close…but hey, don’t get me wrong, despite all the misconceptions and the (wrong) notions about my country and my people, I AM TRULY, PROUDLY a FILIPINO!